Do Robo Advisors Have Glitches?
Published Wednesday, December 31, 1969 at: 2:00 PM EST
Robots already do serious work in manufacturing, construction, and an increasing number of other fields. And now, "robo advisors" are invading financial services. Within the next decade, these automated portfolio managers are expected to be handling trillions of dollars in assets.
But are robo advisors an upgrade over their human counterparts? The jury is still out on that question, so let's take a closer look.
How do robo advisors work? It's not like R2-D2 sets up a face-to-face meeting at his office and devises a financial plan for your future. Instead, you input critical data—including your age, risk tolerance, assets, and goals—into a software package, which then spits out an investment "asset allocation" based on an algorithm. So, the technology does all of the grunt work.
© 2021 Advisor Products Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- Cash In On This Gift Tax Break For Section 529 Plans
- Millennials Want To Save More And Resist Impulse Purchases
- Starting A Retirement Plan? SIMPLE
- Do You Have To File An FBAR Now?
- Views On Retirement Communities
- SS Benefits: Tax Danger Ahead!
- What Will Your Social Security Benefits Come To?
- Market Timing Is An Inexact Science
- Still Time To Save $1 Million?
- When One Roth IRA Is Not Enough
- When To Use An Installment Sale
- Women Save More For Retirement Than Men But Have Less
- 5 Ways To Boost Retirement Savings
- Do Roth IRA Math Before Converting
- 7 Tax Breaks Set To Last Forever