Do Robo Advisors Have Glitches?
Robots already do serious work in manufacturing, construction, and an increasing number of other fields. And now, "robo advisors" are invading financial services. Within the next decade, these automated portfolio managers are expected to be handling trillions of dollars in assets.
But are robo advisors an upgrade over their human counterparts? The jury is still out on that question, so let's take a closer look.
How do robo advisors work? It's not like R2-D2 sets up a face-to-face meeting at his office and devises a financial plan for your future. Instead, you input critical data—including your age, risk tolerance, assets, and goals—into a software package, which then spits out an investment "asset allocation" based on an algorithm. So, the technology does all of the grunt work.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved.
- Social Security Options Remain
- Starting A Retirement Plan? SIMPLE
- Millennials Want To Save More And Resist Impulse Purchases
- Do You Have To File An FBAR Now?
- When One Roth IRA Is Not Enough
- Still Time To Save $1 Million?
- Market Timing Is An Inexact Science
- What Will Your Social Security Benefits Come To?
- SS Benefits: Tax Danger Ahead!
- Views On Retirement Communities
- Women Save More For Retirement Than Men But Have Less
- When To Use An Installment Sale
- Do Roth IRA Math Before Converting
- 5 Ways To Boost Retirement Savings
- 7 Tax Breaks Set To Last Forever